The Aburi and Shai Hills Excursion is an excellent tour for animal lovers and outdoor enthusiasts who have an extra day to spend in the Accra area.
Aburi and Shai Hills Excursion
- Driver and guide service for the entire trip
- All activities and entrance fees
- Vehicle and fuel
- Unlimited purified water
Today you will escape the bustle of Accra with your driver and tour guide and head west to the Shai Hills Game Reserve, about an hour and a half outside of Accra. A walking safari in the Shai Hills reserve will give you the chance to see pata monkeys, baboons, antelope, and various species of savanna and forest birds. A short hike will take you to an excellent view of the Shai Hills area and the city of Accra.
After lunch you will drive to the famous Aburi Botanical Gardens. The botanical gardens, occupying an area 64 hectares, were built in 1890 for scientific research. The gardens have now become one of the famous destinations outside Accra, and provide the chance to learn about local plant species and their medicinal functions. After exploring for about two hours, you will make your way back to Accra.
The Uprise team is happy to assist you with your luggage, but feel free to pack light and keep it simple!
- We highly recommend that you speak with your doctor about about antimalarial medications or any vaccinations that he or she may suggest.
- If your trip includes a safari, please include darker, more neutral-colored clothing in order to avoid scaring off the animals.
- Also, please consider culturally appropriate dress. While many cities and beaches in West Africa are more liberal with their dress codes, many people will be offended if you show too much skin. In some communities women should cover their shoulders and knees. Consider packing capri pants, loose-fitting long-sleeved shirts, or scarves to cover your shoulders.
In your hand-luggage:
- Photocopy of your passport
- Visa for Ghana/Togo/Benin (if applicable)
- Yellow fever vaccination card
- Wallet and money
In your checked luggage:
- Tee shirts
- Bathing suits
- Long-sleeved shirt
- Sneakers/hiking shoes
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Shaving cream
AN IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT SCHEDULE CHANGES
Uprise Travel reserves the right to change this itinerary at any time. We might make changes for a variety of reasons, including local holidays, road or bridge closures, flight delays or cancellations, weather or natural disasters, issues with subcontractors or external vendors, the substitution of a new activity, or any unforeseen circumstances. The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry. In the event that we need to alter this schedule, we will make every effort to inform you of changes as soon as they occur.
All activities listed in this itinerary are included in the cost of the trip, unless otherwise indicated. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.